Prominent Ibadan-based lawyer and chartered Arbitrator, Musibau Adetunbi, has been elevated to the rank of Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN) by the Legal Practitioners’ Privileges Committee (LPPC).
He leads 70 others including 10 academics to attain the prestigious rank which carries a number of privileges in the legal profession.
The newly appointed “Silk” brings the number of members of the inner bar to 597.
In the list unveiled by the committee, Adetunbi was placed 57th among the successful applicants.
Recall that the LPPC had, on September 23, published a list of 137 applicants.
After making it public, the committee requested members of the public “to comment on the integrity, reputation, and competence” of the short-listed candidates.
The announcement on Friday reflects the final selection for the prestigious title in the legal parlance in the year 2020.
Adetunbi is renowned for winning complex and extremely challenging litigation cases in several areas of law such as banking, criminal law, election-petition, real estate, maritime, arbitration, customary law, law of tort and intellectual property.
His experience and expertise, however, is not limited to litigation; as he equally solves tasking non-litigation legal problems with ease of simple arithmetic. His passion in ensuring that complex legal problems are tackled with full commitment and dedication is excellent.
A graduate of the prestigious Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, Adetunbi is a member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (UK), International Bar Association, as well as Commonwealth Lawyers Association.
In April 2019, the legal practitioner was kidnapped in Iwaraja, Osun State, on his way to the Court of Appeal in Akure, the Ondo State capital but regained freedom three days later.
Below is the full list of the new senior advocates:
1. Terkura Douglas Pepe, Esq
2. Aliyu Omeza Saiki, Esq
3. Jacob Enunwe Ochidi, Esq
4. Abdulwahab Mohammed, Esq
5. Moses Alfred Ebute, Esq
6. Taiye Abimbola Oladipo, Esq
7. Mumuni Adebimpe Jimoh, Esq
8. Muhammadu Katu Sani Ndanusa
9. Mohammed Mohammed Ndarani, Esq
10. Gideon Musa Kuttu, Esq
11. Abdullahi Yahaya
12. Tijanni Alkali Gazali, Esq
13. Mella Audu Nunghe
14. Yusuf Nya Akirikwen
15. Yakubu Abdullahi Hussaini-Ruba
16. Nasiru Adamu Aliyu, Esq
17. Abdul Mohammed, Esq
18. Hussaini Zakariyau
19. Uwadiogbu Sonny Ajala
20. Ukachi Fredrick Onuobia, Esq
21. Joseph Nnabuezeh Mbadugha, Esq
22. Chukwudi Chudi Obieze, Esq
23. Afam Josiah Osigwe
24. Ejike Chukwugekwu Ezenwa
25. Chukwuka Nwabueze Ikwuazom, Esq
26. Lotanna Chuka Okoli, Esq
27. Tochukwu Dominic Maduka
28. Chukwuemeka Obiajuru Nwagu
29. Henry Okechukwu Akunebu, Esq
30. Uwemedimo Thomas Nwoko, Esq
31. Boma Florence A. Alabi(Mrs)
32. Efefiom Otu Efiom Ekong
33. Lawrence Fubara Anga, Esq
34. Robert Egwuno Emukpoeruo, Esq
35. Peter Adogbejire Mrakpor, Esq
36. Richard Oma Ahonaruogho, Esq
37. Jean Chiazor Anishere (Ms)
38. Uzoma Henry Azikiwe
39. Osayaba Omorodion Giwa, Esq
40. Yusuf Asamah Kadiri, Esq
41. Babalola George Olatunde
42. Taiwo Johnson Kupolati, Esq
43. Obafemi Anthony Adewale, Esq
44. Adedapo Osariuyime Tunde-Olowu, Esq
45. Fatai-Ajibola Dalley, Esq
46. Babatunde Kohn Kwame Ogala, Esq
47. Bashorun Oluwatoyin Ajoke Ms
48. Olumide Folarin-David Ayeni Esq
49. Olusegun Johnson Fabunmi, Esq
50. John Mofolorunsho Majiyagbe, Esq
51. Funmilayo Adunni Quadri
52. Akinola Olugbenga Akintoye
53. Dada Adekunle Awosika
54. Remi Peter Olatubora, Esq
55. Festus Kayode Idepefo, Esq
56. Rasheed Okiki Adegoke, Esq
57. Musibau Adetunbi, Esq
58. Mahmud Kola Adesina, ESQ
59. Isiaka Abiola Olagunju, Esq
60. Oladapo Akande Akinosun, Esq
61. Nureini Soladoye Jimoh, Esq
62. Oluseun Mobolaji Abimbola, Esq
1. Prof Afeisimi Dominic Badaiki
2. Prof Bolaji Olufumunmileyi Owasanoye
3. Prof Erugo Sampson
4. Prof Oyewo Edward Oyelowo
5. Prof Sani Mohammad Adam
6. Prof Zacheus Adangor
7. Prof Festus Oghenemaro Emiri
8. Prof Joseph Efeyemineni Abugu
9. Prof Sunday Damilola Sunday
10. Dr Omoh-Eboh Omgbai Ikheowa