By Alh. Abdulfatai Abdulrauf
As Muslims, there are certain expectations of us during Ramadan. We should obey Allah and Prophet Muhammad (SAW).
Following precious Sunnah acts taught by the Prophet ṣallallāhu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam (peace and blessings of Allāh be upon him) will bring you barakah, allow you to gain major rewards this Ramadan, as well as, boost your spirituality and overall performance.
That said here are five Sunnah recommended during the holy month.
1. We are expected to hasten the breaking of the fast when it is time and not unnecessarily continue.
2. It is good to break our fast with date fruit (dabino), preferably the fresh date. However, in cases where it isn’t available, dried one or water used.
3. It is recommended that we supplicate when we want to break our fast.
4. Pre-dawn breakfast is necessary. According to Prophet Muhammad (SAW), it is recommended that we eat before commencing our fast. This distinguishes Islam from other ideologies.
5. We are urged to delay Sahur too late at night.
Watch the full sermon below: