Singer Habeeb Okikiola aka Portable has cried out following the snub at the Renewed Hope Concert ahead of Tinubu’s inauguration on May 29, 2023.
The event was held at the MKO Abiola National Stadium, Abuja.
Portable who appeared to be in serious pain over the snub took to his social media to rant as always.
The singer stated how he had been the one campaigning for the President-elect, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, of the People Democratic Party, PDP, and not the celebrities that performed.
He said he had made songs to ridicule his rivals and other parties but he was ignored for the inauguration party. According to him, people had insulted and dragged him online for supporting Tinubu.
Portable begged Tinubu to remember him as he was one of the few that openly campaigned for him.
He said he had refused to perform in Abuja after an agreement was drawn stating that he would be getting a N5 million from the N10 million the organisers are going to pay.
An excerpt of what he said read, “Don’t worry, that’s how you guys start oooo. I supported Tinubu when you guys were supporting Obi. Now Tinubu entered, and those useless people are performing at his concert. Am I not the one who promoted Tinubu?
“They called my manager that I should come and perform in Abuja, they said they dropped N10 million for the artiste’s performance but N5 million would only get to my hands. I turned it down, tore the paper, and deleted their number. No be me be star. That’s why I didn’t perform in Abuja for Tinubu.”
A huge performance had shown notable singers like Waje, Fireboy, Asake, BNXN, Pasuma, Timaya, Naira Marley, Kaycee and other celebrities like Eniola Badmus, etc.